Wednesday 25 January 2017

Savinia Bistrot - Bagatelle Mall

My fiancé and I went for dinner at Savinia Bistrot at the Bagatelle Mall of Mauritius.

Official Website: http://saviniabistrot.mu/

Every time we passed by the restaurant we would be amazed by the number of people sitting around and the wine collection on the side.

Last December, I decided to take my Fiance out on a Pre-Birthday dinner.

For the menu, I checked online on: 

http://saviniabistrot.mu/index.php/main-menu/


Given that there were a lot of choices, we decided to start with the starters first and then order the main menu...

We ordered 2 Martini Biano as drinks:



The quantity that we received was shocking. We've been to other places where the drinks are served much more generously than this.

We then ordered:


  • Cocktail de crevettes, sauce Marie Rose
  • Gratins de Palmiste
  • Gratin fruits de mer

We ate the "cocktail de crevettes" first... Frankly I really did not like it.. It felt like I was eating a simple lettuce salad with two shrimps. There were 4 shrimps in total and we had 2 each.

The shrimps were not deveined so it had a gross smell. I really did not like this menu.


After the "cocktail de crevettes" we tried the "Gratins de Palmiste". 


Reasonably, between all three we found that the "Gratins de Palmiste" had a better taste. However, it was an average Gratin, we've had better.

We then moved on to "Gratin fruits de mer"


At first wight, I was so excited to dig in this succulent cheesy Gratin but one bite and my stomach started to swirl. It had an abundant amount of salt. I actually felt like I was eating a spoonful of salt. 

I immediately started to feel unwell and when the waitress came to ask our order for the main course. We simply denied and asked for the cheque.

I was completely disappointed with this restaurant.

After my experience, I asked a few friends if they've been to that restaurant and their views on it. 

I rarely received a positive feedback. They were all mostly disappointed for the quality of the food. The only positive feedback I received was vis a vis the Lamb menus that it has. 

Unfortunately, I don't eat Lamb so I wouldn't know. 

For those, who've actually been to this Restaurant, please share your views.

Thanks for reading!

WiNNee


No comments:

Post a Comment