Sunday 28 September 2014

Why Women Wear Makeup?

I am a personal lover of Make Up. I personally developed the love of Make Up when I was about sixteen. Before that, I used to hate makeup a I felt that it needed to much unnecessary effort. Thus, today I wish to share my views while being on both of these far ends.
There are generally two views from the ‘Make Up Haters’ towards the ‘Make Up Lovers’. That is, a positive one and a negative one: “Those ‘Make Up Lovers’ look professional, put together and ready for their day OR “They are try-hards and put too much effort into their appearance.
I was in the negative category at first. I always shared the view of “why not go for the more natural look?” – It was simple, faster and required less effort. However, I changed from being a “Make Up Hater” to a “Make Up Lover”. I developed the liking for Make Up when I perceived it as an art to do on oneself. Now, I am a Professional Make Up Artist.
Today, I will be defending those women who in many ways have turned to be “Make Up Lovers”. Those women choose to wear make up more often than not. I am not saying that those who go for the natural look are not worth defending or praised. But since I am a Professional Make Up Artist and a “Make Up Lover” I wish to talk about this particular side.

1.    We do it for ourselves!
It is perceived that women wear Make Up only to impress and attract men. Well, a question can be asked here. Do women, who are happily married and wear Makeup, also wear it only to impress men? If men would think that then wouldn’t they ban their lovers or wives not to wear Makeup? Well, I personally wear Makeup for myself first. It makes me feel prettier and gives me that extra confidence boost that one needs. This is so because, I don’t feel like heading to work with a sleepy face or going out for a family gathering with dark circles and what not. Makeup usually helps to give you that extra glow you need. Also, I am a camera lover. I love taking pictures. As well as Cameras might capture wonderful moments they do capture imperfections too – such as acne, blackheads, dark circles. Thus Makeup can help to cover them and make one seem flawless in pictures.

2.    Make Up is an Art

To me I feel that “makeup is an art”. When my family & friends used to ask me to do their makeup, I honestly felt more artistic than I have ever felt in my life. Personally, I’ve always felt like my creativity has staggered as I’ve gotten older. However, when I am doing makeup on myself or someone else, I feel like there are no limits. I can try out different techniques without out the fear of it “going to waste” because if you mess up, all you do is start over again. I developed the liking of doing others makeup so much that I even did a Make Up course where I am now a professional Make Up Artist.
3.     It corrects things that we cannot always correct on our own.
Most of my clients have under eye circles, acne or acne scars. With the help of Make Up most of my clients feel prettier and more confident of themselves. They also ask me for advice as to how they can look this way on a day to day basis where I then provide for a 3 day course where they could bring all their products for me to train them in showing them how to apply makeup on themselves and hide the imperfections.
4.     It’s a way to be expressive.
Some girls go for the natural look and others go for the dramatic, sexy look. Either way, I can gage a tiny part of their personality. My sister, who usually never ever goes dramatic, is far more reserved and quiet in a beautiful way. I, on the contrary, always change my looks but I prefer dramatic looks most of the time but that does not contradict me as people say that I am outspoken and crazy. It doesn’t always work in that way, but more often than not, makeup says things about a woman they usually do not say on their own.

Needless to say, you are beautiful whether you choose to wear makeup or not. Don’t feel pressured to wear make up because other women do. Do not wear it because you think you’re at an age where it’s necessary to start wearing it. Wear it because you want to. Wear it as a form of creativity and expression. And really, how can you not be tempted when you walk into one of the makeup stores where all sorts of makeup are at your reach. At the end of the day, we all learn when trying something new. 

Thanks for Reading!
Ne3sh!

No comments:

Post a Comment